President Trump says COVID-19 resulted from ‘accidental’ lab leak
UPDATED 2:00 PM PT – Thursday, June 17, 2021
President Trump announced COVID-19 likely resulted from an accidental leak from the Wuhan Lab. In an interview on Wednesday, the 45th president said although he thinks the outbreak of the Chinese coronavirus resulted from the Wuhan Institute of Virology, it was not released on purpose.
The Lab Leak Theory has gained support from multiple scientists and officials after a House intel report found the virus likely came from that lab. Trump was among the first to suggest the lab leak theory, but was quickly shut down by top health experts and the media.
In the last week alone, we’ve learned that the media, so-called fact checkers and their Big Tech enforcers lied to us about the lab-leak theory, Hydroxychloroquine and the clearing of Lafayette Square.
All to hurt Donald Trump.
What else are they lying about?
— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) June 10, 2021
Trump went on to argue the virus escaped from the lab due to incompetence by Chinese scientists.
“It was incompetence. I guess some people don’t necessarily agree with that. They think maybe there was purpose to it, which would be absolutely terrible,” he expressed. “We have to find out more about it, why did it happen, how did it happen, how could anybody be so incompetent?”
Trump also explained his administration ended U.S. taxpayer funding for gain of function research at the Wuhan Lab. He reiterated his early travel restrictions on China saved millions of American lives.