Conservative Beaver

News stories of interest to Proud Canadians

Ad

Ad

America

Los Angeles residents protest lockdown at Dept. of Health chief’s home

Los Angeles County Public Health director Barbara Ferrer speaks at a press conference on the novel COVID-19 (coronavirus), March 6, 2020 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by ROBYN BECK/AFP via Getty Images)

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 2:25 PM PT – Saturday, December 5, 2020

Los Angeles residents protested the latest round of lockdown measures at the home of L.A. County Department of Health Director Barbara Ferrer.

According to reports, about two dozen people gathered in front of Ferrer’s home on Friday. This marked the second time in a week demonstrators have shown up at her house.

Protesters said they’re against the new restrictions, which prohibit private and public gatherings in addition to restricting dining and shopping.

Earlier this week, Ferrer addressed opposition to the new measures. She said she understands and respects people’s right to peacefully protest.

“I’m aware that for some people these decisions neither feel like they’re appropriate,” the L.A. County director of health stated. “And for other people, they feel like I may need to better understand the implications.”

The newest lockdown order took effect Monday. It lasts through December 20.

Many store owners said their businesses won’t survive another lockdown, especially during the busy holiday season.

MORE NEWS: N.Y. Bar Defies Gov. Cuomo’s Order, Opens Up For Service

The post Los Angeles residents protest lockdown at Dept. of Health chief’s home first appeared on One America News Network.

LEAVE A RESPONSE

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *